The most simplest way to define this awesome reporting tool would be to say that Digiview is a set of pre-defined, easy to understand graphs and charts that give you instant insights for better decision making in your business. Digiview will help you make informed decisions that improve business performance with the right information at the right time.
We understand that decision makers need access to accurate, relevant, consolidated information quickly to effectively respond to business requirements or challenges. We at Digiterra understand that, hence we decided to introduce this great reporting tool to you. We have compiled and built a set of pre-defined reports based on best practice industry metrics for each domain within the value chain.
Types of reports Digiview can used for are:
- Sales Analysis
- Strategic Marketing Analysis
- Sales Plan vs Forecast
- Carrier Performance
- Inventory Turnover
- Core Competence Inventory
- Capacity Management
- Audit Services
- Income Statement
- Balance Sheet
- Call Centre Analysis
- Complaints, Returns & Claims
The benefits of using Digiview are:
- Quick start-up and very customizable
- Easily extract data from your financial solution
- Performance insights from defined KPIs
- Drilldown capability
- Drag and combine graphs for comparisons
- Customize templates for your unique business
Your monthly subscription will include Product Updates, Digiterra Knowledge Base, Digiterra Tickets System, Monthly in advance service, Switch on/off as required with No SLA. We also offer support & customisation with different packages.
One of SA’s Major Financial Services groups needed to consolidate reporting that was decentralised across different divisions that were making use of a variety of reporting tools.
The challenges included:
- The collation of data from disparate sources
- Including complex reporting based on custom-built financial risk model
- Lack of regulatory reporting for compliance that could lead to possible governance penalties
- Difficulty obtaining buy in from organisation-wide stakeholders
DigiView is the ideal solution for you when:
- You want to combine reporting from different data sources dynamically
- The cost of BI is ordinarily not accessible to your business
- You want to incorporate business measures based on acceptable international standards
- You realize BI can improve how you measure, report and manage your business
Key Value Considerations
DigiView offers you:
- Quick and easy Reporting and Dashboarding
- Built-in business logic based on APQC standards
- A simple and quick start-up process
- An offering that does not attempt to tie you in to a long term contract
- DigiView Stencils – Business logic covering the entire Business Value Chain.
- Department and Organizational Dashboards
- Pre-configured reports that take away the effort to compile them
- Customization to meet your personalized information needs
- DigiView consists of a set of stencils based on industry best practice metrics per reporting line. You can select one or more stencils from the same or across reporting lines. These stencils are visualised in a report per stencil (consisting of a set of graphs). Graphs from different reporting lines and stencils can be collated and represented as dashboards
- DigView runs on Microsoft PowerBI
- Your information is stored in the Cloud
There are Two very important reasons why DigiView makes good sense:
- You don’t have to configure anything, we do that for you (No technical BI programming capability required on your part).
- We have already created a wide variety of super effective graphs that measure everything that a business would ordinarily require, and if you can’t find a stencil that suits your needs we will customize one for you, no problem.
Peter Drucker, one of the best-known and most widely influential thinkers and writers on the subject of management theory and practice, is quoted as saying, “What gets measured, gets managed”
There are 3 steps to measuring how well you are growing and thriving in business today:
Develop a strategy
Set up KPIs to meet your strategy
Measure how well you are tracking against those KPIs
Develop A Strategy
Planning for and achieving business success starts with setting out a strategy. Don’t be put off by the word strategy, it’s just a ‘big consulting’ way of saying you need an action plan. At its simplest an action plan involves the following steps:
- Assess where you are right now
- Create a vision of where you want to be in a year, 18 months, three years
- Set out milestones that when followed create a path from where you are to where you want to be. Each milestone needs to be specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-related
Setup KPIs To Meet Your Strategy
As in big business, small businesses need to set KPIs (or Key Performance Indicators) which act as shorter- term goals to aim for. Decide what metrics you want to measure. You probably want to set out some financial, customer, process and people goals.
- Your financial KPIs should include things like profit made, cost of doing business, actual revenue as against projected revenue, sales by region and product line etc.
- Your customer KPIs should include how much it costs you to acquire a new client, customer satisfaction and retention rates and number of customers at a point in time
- Your process KPIs should measure the number of support tickets and product defects
- At the very least your people KPIs should look at employee turnover rate, employee satisfaction, and skill sets in various lines of business
Measure how well you are tracking against those KPIs
Once you have established your KPIs, you will need to continuously measure how you are tracking against these goals. It is easiest to use a technology tool to do this, especially one that enables you to visualize your progress in pictures rather than just columns of numbers. If you’re like me, and a lot of other people, it is simpler to understand the impact of the numbers if you can actually visualize the differences. Alternatively, you can analyze the data in your systems manually to see how you are faring against your KPIs. Either way, you need to be sure to constantly gather the data and put it in your systems. No form of measurement will be effective without sufficient data. When you take a look at how you are tracking on a regular basis, think monthly, you may need to make small adjustments to nudge your business back on track to meet your KPIs and ultimately your strategy.
Big businesses are experts at doing this planning and measuring and constantly adjusting to keep on track. With a little effort and some smart tools, small businesses can be too.
If you want to know more about the ways to do this subscribe to our monthly newsletter
Digiterra now offers unique, Pre-defined, easy to understand graphs and charts giving you instant insights for better decision making. Our Digiterra Dashboards & Reporting templates will ensure that your company makes informed decisions that improve business performance with the right information at the right time.
to read more click here Digiterra Reporting & Dashboarding
Business intelligence project for Western Cape tourism
the Business Challenges were:
- Disparate sources of information, with time consuming manual collation of data to produce reports
- No consolidated view of tourism information to show trends and indicate fluctuation of the tourist market
- Difficult for WESGRO to provide good quality information to clients to make decisions to influence and grow tourism in the Western Cape
Read how Digiterra was able to integrate data from disparate sources into into subject areas: Wesgro Case Study
A leading Financial Exchange Company had the following challenges:
- Multiple technologies that were expensive to operate and maintain
- Various business processes not optimally enabled by technology
- Unable to align the many technologies and processes to deliver against the business strategy
Read how Digiterra was able to streamline technology and processes to reduce costs: Enterprise Architecture Case Study
We understand that, as a decision maker, you need access to accurate, relevant, consolidated information quickly so you can respond to business requirements or challenges.To help you make better decisions faster, we have compiled and built a set of pre-defined financial and business reports based on best practice industry metrics for each domain within the value chain. Digiterra now offers a Power BI based SaaS offering in the cloud. Its features and benefits include:
- Quick start-up and very customizable – so you can get started right away
- Easily extract data from your financial solution – gain performance insights from defined KPIs
- Drilldown capability – to quickly pin point areas for improvement or review
- Drag and combine graphs for comparisons – identify trends and inconsistencies
- Customisable templates for your unique business – See exactly what you need to see
- The ability to join and opt out at will – no locked in contracts, no risk
- Support for technical issues – we quicklly resolve any technical issue or provide advice on functionality
Our digital reporting tool will help you compile reports for Sales Analysis; Strategic Marketing Analysis; Sales Plan vs Forecast; Carrier Performance, HR / Admin; Inventory Turnover; Core Competence Inventory; Capacity Management; Audit Services; Income Statement; Audit Services; Balance Sheet; Call Centre Analysis; Complaints, Returns & Claims and many more.
Our monthly subscription services include:
- Product Updates
- Best Practice Knowledge Base
- Support and Incident logging System
- Monthly payment option (in advance service)
- Switch on /off as required
- No SLA
Support & Customisation Packages:
Bronze: Account Management and 6 hours of consulting time – $440.00 pm
Silver: Account Manager – 12 hours of consulting time- $780.00 pm
Platinum: Account Manager – 18 hours of consulting time- $970.00 pm
For more information on our Dashboarding & Reporting services complete the form below with your contact details and requirements / contact our office:
Digiterra has skilled and experienced BI experts who source, collate and transform critical data into key insights. These insights are represented in easy to understand graphs and charts in reports and dashboards that provide real value through improved decision making.
Rian Durandt (pictured) is the Head of our business intelligence and data analytics division. Rian and his team specialise in providing meaningful BI solutions that align technology to business goals and opportunities and drive value and ROI.
Having consulted and implemented many business solutions within a variety of hype-cycles, here are some Rian’s view on how to make data meaningful in your business.
- More data isn’t always better
- Unstructured data is useful to fill a gap
- More frequent data has a very specific use
- The key to unlock meaning from data is to apply context to the data
He concludes that Data should be mapped to the process (which is aligned to the strategy) – not the other way around. First strategy – then process – then data.
By Dumisa Mgudlwa, Marketing and Sales Consultant: Resourcing
Right Skill, Right Time
We understand that it can be challenging finding capability and extra capacity when you need it. Digiterra has a team of experienced professionals on hand to give support at any time. With our resource provisioning, we help enable organisations to quickly maximise return on investment and experience real results.
We invest in our resources with on-going training and skills transfer. Our subject matter experts and experienced practitioners conduct a thorough screening process so there is a perfect match to your needs. Our 5 Step Qualification Process will ensure we place quality, skilled resources with technical and cultural fit.
Here are just some of the roles and capabilities we have on hand:
Data Administrators, Data Analysts, Data Architects, Data Modellers, Business Analysts, Solution Analysts, Process Analysts, Test Analysts, Project Administrators, Project Managers, Scrum Masters, Governance / ITSM Consultants, Software Developers (SQL, C#.Net, SharePoint, BizTalk), Integration Specialists, Business/ Solution and Enterprise Architects.