Digiterra is a multinational software and consulting group that provides sustainable resource, process or technology solutions to address a wide range of challenges throughout the business to IT continuum.
Our client is looking for a Data Modeller to join their team
This position involves the formation pf solutions to various business areas and the integration into the Data Warehouse. This includes the creation of the user requirements into technical specifications and design documents, as well as the possible identification of new data sources to the Data Warehouse.
* Elicit/review requirements from business units
* Meet with business unit representatives to identify, interpret and document/review business requirements and needs through interaction in the form of emails or joint application development (JAD) sessions based on requests from business.
* Map the requirements to the best practise model pre-defined solution templates (e.g. IBM
* Banking Data Warehouse (IBM BDW) Conceptual and Logical Model and Business
* Liaise with Group Technology to confirm sources, document and present the information to business. The information can be presented either by a document, a prototype or in a workshop facilitated by the Information Analyst. Utilise a data profiling tool such as Abinitio/Informatica to profile the source data.
* Collate business metadata to enable a complete metadata solution with business definitions linked to technical an operational metadata.
* Create and maintain an Enterprise Business Glossary.
* Proactively identify opportunities or obstacles concerning obtaining the data/information needed by the business
* Integrate the requirement into the Warehouse environment through the completion of the Information Requirement Definition, Data Relational Diagram, Entity Relational Diagram Functional specification document, Business and Data Quality rules, Mart, Cube and Report specifications. Work with the Tester to participate in information system testing through the provision of test cases based on the business requirement.
* Define validation and balancing procedures to ensure integrity of the data resident in the data warehouse and the information management solution.
* The Information Analyst/Data Architect should ensure the correctness of data as defined as "in accordance with the identified business requirements." This testing would be performed with the Data Acquisition Developer and the Information Builder/Front-end Developer/Statistician.
* Ensure consistent delivery in alignment with the compliance, risk and information governances through designs and the monitoring of the development of the designs.
* Create data models & source to target mappings
* Map the business requirements onto the best practice model using the required tool e.g. IBM BDW.
* BSc (Eng), BSc (Comp Science) BSc (Information Systems) or B Com (Informatics) or equivalent NQF level 6 qualification
* Recognised Diploma/ Degree in Business Management Analysis
* 3-5 years Technical experience
Job Reference: IA/DM2
Salary: R0 per hour
Salary per: Hour
Job Duration: Fixed Contract
Job Start Date: