Digiterra is a multinational software and consulting group that provides sustainable resource, process or technology solutions to address a wide range of challenges throughout the business to IT continuum. Digiterra is a business built around people – every member of our team shares a passion for innovation and a true commitment to our clients.
We are currently looking for MI and BI Analysts
* To investigate, design and implement BI solutions in order to provide timeous and accurate reporting to business to enable informed decision making. This is to be achieved by having an intimate knowledge not only of data systems but also the core business drivers for reporting and tracking.
* Create Reports / Dashboards / Scorecards
* Convert data extracts from SQL server and disparate data sources into relevant information with relevant reporting tools (Excel, Power Point, Word, Oracle OBIEE, HTML) that enable reporting as required. This includes compiling management information (MI) and any other ad-hoc queries while adhering to agreed deadlines.
* Deliver relevant Management Information (MI) reports and Business Dashboards across strategic projects for business and operations to enable decision making. These include requests for structured or unstructured reports with automation via SAS, Microsoft HTML, or Oracle OBIEE.
* Identify new sources of data via requirements gathering and investigation when required by the business and ensure the data is developed into existing structures for future use. * Maintain all existing reports on the system by ensuring relevance for decision making and sound data governance practice
* Understand key business drivers and develop MI reports to track and monitor for the purposes of decision making
* Requirements Gathering / Relationship Building
* Engage with teams both daily and through standard team meetings to ensure that objectives and priorities are reflected in the agreed solutions and according to the project needs.
* Actively engage with stakeholders e.g. Corporate banking, Operations and project stakeholders, through formal and informal meetings to be fully involved in the development process and delivery of MI reporting solutions
* Lead internal meetings and forums where information is to be presented to internal stakeholders.
* Governance and Compliance
* Adhere to the core Data Governance disciplines as defined by the DGO (Absa Data Governance Organisation) when performing business intelligence activities. This includes: data quality management, information lifecycle management and information security and privacy.
* Conduct integrity checks regularly both when developing new reports and executing existing scripts to ensure correct data is incorporated into the reports and all data quality principles are adhered to.
* Escalate issues identified to the Operations Lead and Migration Lead and work with them to improve data quality and definitions.
* Project Management
* Create project plans when necessary in order to better manage required outcomes by gathering all the necessary information from all sources such as IT, Product Managers across the Business etc.
* Manage workload according to created plans to ensure timeous delivery of projects by constantly communicating timelines to the relevant internal/external stakeholders.
Education and Experience Required
* 4 years’ experience in management information role
* 3 years’ experience with the use of analytical tools such as SAS or MS SQL
* 3 years’ experience in requirements gathering and documentation
* 3 years’ experience in a multi project environment
* NQF Level 6: B Degree in Business Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Studies, or similar with a focus on either systems or databases.
* 4 years’ Experience in the Financial Services Industry
* 4 years’ Experience in BI toolsets advantageous
* BComm Informatics/ BComm Information Systems