Digiterra is a multinational software and consulting group that provides sustainable resource, process or technology solutions to address a wide range of challenges throughout the business to IT continuum. Digiterra is a business built around people – every member of our team shares a passion for innovation and a true commitment to our clients.
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Developer who is proficient in Power BI and can drive innovative use of the tool with a strong emphasis on visualisation and dashboards, turning data into knowledge in order to help us make better decisions. The successful candidate will be responsible for scoping, building, testing, documenting, implementing and supporting Power BI reporting, particularly around agile project management and the software development life cycle. The focus of this role is more on producing data insights, hindsight and foresight for the business rather than data warehousing and structures.
Purpose of the Job:
* Interpret business data requirements
* Assist Analysts to analyse, innovate, and provide predictive analytics on significant amounts of data to support company initiatives
* Designing, developing and maintaining business intelligence solutions
* Crafting and executing queries upon request for data
* Presenting information through reports and visualization
* Interview end users to determine requirements for data, reports, analyses, metadata, training, service levels, data quality, and performance
* Must manage the balance of current and future needs in both design and content.
* Validate metadata models with control and operational data
* This role is responsible for building new data sets and data structures as required to support business needs
* Translate requirements into technical specifications
* Document requirements
* Help identify and assess potential data sources
* Recommend appropriate scope of requirements and priorities
* Validate that landscape and solution meets requirements and service level agreements
* Coordinate prototype reviews
* Gather prototype feedback
* Be an expert in understanding business objectives, questions, and problems, and at obtaining and presenting data to address the issues.
* Extensive insight into the business and the data are essential.
* Business analysis
* Data analysis
* Solution analysis
* AGILE behaviour
* Proficient in Power BI is mandatory, familiarity with other BI technologies is advantageous
* Advanced Knowledge of SQL queries (SQL Server, Netezza, DashDB), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
* Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
* Good command of spoken and written English as they are service oriented and will be documenting business requirements.
* Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word is critical to daily work.
* A proven ability to rigorously analyse complex issues and develop insights and solutions.
* An ability to provide creative thinking and innovative methods.
* Good presentation skills and experience of delivering to Senior Management or CIO level.
* An ability to work in mixed teams of colleagues and senior client executives.
* Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with high levels of enthusiasm and a good team player.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
* Customer Engagement
* Requirements elicitation
* Collaboration with teams
* Value Analytics
* Subject Matter Analysis
* Compile the Technical Specification
* Development Engagement
* Project Management from start to end
Educational and Experience
* Relevant Bachelor’s degree or NQF Level 7 (Comp Science, Engineering, Maths, Stats…)
* MCSE: Data Management and Analytics or MCSE: BI or related
* Min 5 years relevant work experience 3 years relevant experience BI/MI Data Analytics/Data Modelling
* Power BI (1-2 years’ experience)