Digiterra is a multinational software and consulting group that provides sustainable resource, process or technology solutions to address a wide range of challenges throughout the business to IT continuum.
Qualification & Experience Required:
* Knowledge of Server administration and monitoring tools, advanced.
* IT Service Management Experience, advantageous.
* Minimum 2 years’ Financial Services Industry experience(advantageous)
Duties & Responsibilities:
* A Global Data Centres Operator is responsible for delivering quality & timely completion of activities (e.g. installations, planned maintenance, access controls). They assist their colleagues (cross-team collaboration) and their Team Leader in ensuring installation standards; planned change/physical access activities and planned maintenance provide environmental stability.
* Plan, install, maintain, customize, deploy and configure servers / server environment to meet by business and technology requirements.
* Perform maintenance and upgrade of the server environment in keeping with policies and / or requirements.
* Perform diagnostics, trouble-shooting and analysis to resolve failures, issues and faults in the server environment.
* Ensure that the uptime, performance, resources, and security of the server environment meet user / business requirements.
* Perform user management activities such as user creation, deletion, modification
* The Data Centre operator is responsible for:
* Ensuring availability of servers to meet business requirements and agreed service levels
* Providing server access in keeping with requirement to users while ensuring adherence to policies
* Performing maintenance, upgrades, replacements in the server environment with minimal disruption to services
* Monitoring server environment performance and utilization, and recommend actions for improvement.
* Delivery & Support
* Progress installation, de-installation, cabling change requests to agreed SLAs
* Provide updates to team leader to ensure floor plan & capacity data is maintained
* Provide updates to their installation, de-installation activity stakeholders
* Configures the infrastructure environment as required by the service being implemented or revised.
* Ensure best practice, process, policy and controls are adhered to, identifying improvements across the data centre and computer room estate.
* The drawing in of specialised expertise wherever appropriate, and the provision of advice and information aimed at minimising the occurrence and impact of service incidents through process improvement.
* Ensures that all requests from users for assistance are handled promptly and effectively. Is pro-active to ensure that users make effective use of the facilities available to them.
* Will perform standby when required on hardware calls
* Monitor & Evaluate
* Ensure that all critical systems are monitored by and integrated with system management tool.
* Analyze system logs and identify potential issues with server systems.
* Perform regular system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability servers, review system and application logs, and verify completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
* Ensure that you meet the minimum requirements as stated above.
* If your application be approved, we will contact you as soon as there is a suitable vacancy at one of our clients.
* Should you be successful, you will join one of our on-site teams and be able to rely on the help and support of fellow Digiterra employees as well as the relevant BDM.
* Should you not receive any response from us within 2 weeks, you can consider your application as unsuccessful for this specific position.
* We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for entrusting us with your confidential credentials and for your interest in Digiterra Group!