Digiterra is a multinational software and consulting group that provides sustainable resource, process or technology solutions to address a wide range of challenges throughout the business to IT continuum.We are currently looking for DevOps System Administrators
This role provides an exciting opportunity to roll out a new strategic initiative within the firm– Enterprise Infrastructure Big Data Service. The Big Data Infrastructure DevOps / Support Administrator serves as a development and support expert with responsibility for the design, development, automation, testing, support and administration of the Enterprise Infrastructure Big Data Service. The roles require experience with both Hadoop and Kafka. This will involve building and supporting a real time streaming platform utilized by organisation data engineering community. The incumbent will be responsible for developing features, ongoing support and administration, and documentation for the service. The platform provides a messaging queue and a blueprint for integrating with existing upstream and downstream technology solutions.
* The incumbent will have the opportunity of working directly across the firm with developers, operations staff, data scientists, architects and business constituents to develop and enhance the big data service.
* Strong background in Linux system administrator skills and shell scripting
* Excellent knowledge of Bigdata (any one of the following Hadoop/Kafka/NOSQL) architecture, administration and support Clusters
* Experience with automation/configuration management using Chef, Puppet or an equivalent
* Demonstrated experience on devops contributions
* Be able to read scala code, and basic coding/scripting ability in Java, Scala, Python, C#
* Experience with linux system monitoring and analysis
* Exposure to Virtualization (Docker, VMware, Xen, Hypervisor)
* Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills
* Self starter who is excited about learning new technology
* Researching and remaining current on big data technology and industry trends and innovations
* Cloud platform experience via Azure, AWS a plus.
* Open to work in a 24/7 hour on-call support model
* Preferred experience = Linux, Hadoop, Kafka.
* Configuration management, continuous integration, monitoring, scripting, automation