Digiterra is a multinational software and consulting group that provides sustainable resource, process or technology solutions to address a wide range of challenges throughout the business to IT continuum.
Our client within the financial services industry is looking for a Junior Network Engineer to join their team.
The Network Engineer’s role is to ensure uninterrupted communications throughout the computing environment by identifying voice (both land line and mobile) and data network requirements; designing solutions; installing upgrades; and, monitoring security and network performance
The Network Engineer’s scope includes:
* Meeting Internetworking service requirements for switched telephone networks, mobile networks and
* maintaining the hardware and software required to support it
* Designing and managing computer networks
* Developing telecommunications network topologies
* The Network Engineer is accountable for
* Installing, configuring, and supporting Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area
* Network (WAN), and internet system or a segment of a network system
* Consistent, reliable performance of the Organization’s network in keeping with agreed-upon Service Level (SLAs) and Operating Level (OLA) Agreements.
* The Network Engineer has lead accountability for ensuring consistency across data,
* voice, and mobile networks
Plan & Organise
* Assist in the preparation of plans related to networking projects
* Assist in identifying future requirements and potential improvements to the availability of network systems and services.
* Produce networking project status reports on timely basis
Delivery & Support
* Install and configure the selected network solution.
* Staging, configuration, implementation, and support for Voice Over Internet
* Protocol (VoIP) installations as necessary
* Secure data and voice network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; develop and maintain documentation for the same.
* Test network functionality and performance including VoIP installations.
* Prepare users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
* Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environment including PSTN (Public Switched Telephony Network) and IPT (Internet Protocol
* Telephony) related network installations, including hardware, system software, applications software, and all configuration.
* Manage the network related IT / technology security requirements and align to Barclays governance.
* Gather and document relevant information for the effective monitoring of network systems and services availability.
* Maintain tools and processes related to network monitoring including remote monitoring.
Monitor & Evaluate
* Maintain network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning.
* Ensure that all the employees adhere to Barclays network policies and procedures.
* Gather and collate information concerning problems and problem resolutions to identify Trends / root cause(s) and service improvement.
Education and Experience Required
* Bachelor’s degree in Information Sciences related field compulsory.
* CCNA Certification (or Equivalent), advantageous.
* CCNP Certification (or Equivalent), advantageous.
* Minimum 2 years’ Information Technology experience.
* Minimum 2 years’ Network Administration and implementation experience.
* Minimum 0 – 1 year Experience with diagnostic tools used for problem determination and resolution.
* Exposure in Capacity and Demand Management.
* Exposure in Information Security.
* Exposure in Network Management.
* Exposure in Quality Assurance.
* Exposure in Service Level Management.