Digiterra is a multinational software and consulting group that provides sustainable resource, process or technology solutions to address a wide range of challenges throughout the business to IT continuum. Digiterra is a business built around people – every member of our team shares a passion for innovation and a true commitment to our clients. We ae looking for a Non-Functional Quality Engineer to join our team.
Qualification & Experience Required:
* B.Sc. in Computer Science or a BCom in Information Systems or an industry aligned certification in software development.
* ISEB/ISTQB advance certification will be advantageous.
* Boot camp training in Agile and DevOps.
* Minimum of 3 years’ development experience and 3 testing experience.
* Minimum of 2-year experience in agile delivery and exposure to Test Driven Development, Behaviour Driven Development and in continuous delivery model.
* Minimum of 1 year experience in white-box testing in quality assurance e.g. load, performance, high-availability, reliability and other aspects of technical testing.
* Proficient in object-orientated Programming (OOP).
* Proficient in development languages; C#, Java and XML.
* Proficient in API testing.
* Proficient in the use of various non-functional testing tools.
* Experience in Security testing and the basic security principles.
* Experience in understanding and interpreting software and infrastructure design.
* Proficient in Mobile Application development and mobile performance testing.
* Proficient in the use of Soap and RESTFUL services.
* Proficient in the use of Selenium, Appium, Soap UI, Jira.
* Experience in using Cucumber, Jbehave, Selenium, Appium, Soap UI, Jira tools.
* Experience in service virtualisation.
* Exposure to data virtualisation and use of hyper-converged infrastructure.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Provide guidance on security best practises in collaboration with the InfoSec team
* Responsible for delivery of a well-structure and standard designed, quality assurance solution.
* Report the resolution of issues timeously to avoid unplanned expenses which could result in late delivery and stability issues once operational.
* Work closely with chapter lead, developer, architect, product owner and other stakeholders to meet the expectations of our client(s).
* Participate in the sprint planning, test estimation and success criteria per story.
* Discuss the low-level design and functional requirements with the chapter lead, application/solution architect to understand the approach to test automation.
* Discuss the low-level design and functional requirements and non-functional requirements with the chapter lead, application/solution architect/infrastructure architect to understand the approach to test automation.
* Collaborate with the Enterprise Quality Assurance core technical team to seek improvements to the test harness, automation framework and overall platform. Develop the automation scripts for non-functional testing using the automation frameworks for execution and the tooling specified for this function.
* Where tooling and frameworks fall short, consider the extension of frameworks or alternate custom solutions to enable the non-functional quality assurance process.
* Responsible for testing of the system or component testing under a multitude of non-functional criteria (e.g. load, soak, spike, sustained peak performance, etc.)
* Responsible for testing of the system or component high-availability and recoverability, failover and disaster recovery scenarios.
* Promote the automation framework and tool adopted by the Enterprise Quality Assurance team.
* Perform adhoc peer review of the automated test assets being maintained by the Software Test Engineer (STE) to ensure conformance of the process and governance.
* Able to understand and interrupt logical solution architecture.
* Collaborate with the environment DevOps engineer(s) to investigate and correct bugs and inefficiencies.
* Develop/extend the automation scripts using the automation framework for execution.
* Implement the test automation with the objective that it has adequate coverage within the sprint and can be re-used for regression testing.
* Confirm that the automation test suite implemented is appropriately catalogued.
* Responsible for testing of the system or component testing under load.
* Responsible for testing of the system or component high-availability and recoverability.
* Record defect(s) using the pre-defined defect management tool and ensure the relevant information is captured accurately that will assist with the root cause analysis.
* Collaborate with the stakeholder(s) to ensure the resolution of a defect and the root cause analysis is performed and recorded.
* Report status of testing to the quality assurance squad daily.
* Participate in all retrospective reviews.
* Participate in the showcase to external stakeholders.
* Understand and manage my own demand based on expected timelines articulated by the line-management and project expectations.
* Ensure that you meet the minimum requirements as stated above.
* If your application be approved, we will contact you as soon as there is a suitable vacancy at one of our clients.
* Should you be successful, you will join one of our on-site teams and be able to rely on the help and support of fellow Digiterra employees as well as the relevant BDM.
* Should you not receive any response from us within 2 weeks, you can consider your application as unsuccessful for this specific position.
* We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for entrusting us with your confidential credentials and for your interest in Digiterra Group!