The Business Challenge
One of SA’s Major Financial Services groups needed to consolidate reporting that was decentralised across different divisions that were making use of a variety of reporting tools. The challenges included:
- The collation of data from disparate sources
- Including complex reporting based on custom-built financial risk models
- Lack of regulatory reporting for compliance that could lead to possible governance penalties
- Difficulty obtaining buy in from organisation-wide stakeholders
The objective was to architect a reporting solution that:
- Would meet the functionality and usability needs of the different divisions
- Would include an industry best-of-breed analytics engine to cater for complex financial reporting requirements.
- Could be easily adopted by the divisions within the organisation (facilitate stakeholder buy-in) to ensure timeous delivery of the solution.
The architecture and presentation of a diagram-based model, where the client could visually depict the end-to-end technical solution landscape and business users could understand the proposed process and solution.
Our Business Analyst resource played a pivotal role in the project by:
- Designing the business analysis approach
- Developing the solution approach, scope and business case
- Conducting workshops to illicit and document the requirements
- Supporting the project management function.
- Producing outputs that included:
- A business case
- Business Requirement Specification (BRS)
- Functional requirements, context diagrams, processes, domain models, business rules, constraints functional and non-functional requirements
A clear understanding (model) of a reporting solution that addressed business and regulatory requirements. The model was used to obtain consensus and buy in from stakeholders and provided input to the implementation of a reporting solution.