Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA)
A message to Staff, potential and current Customers and Suppliers in respect of their personal information.
Personal information is explained in the Protection of Personal Information Act and may include inter alia any information that allows us to engage with you either as an employee, or a customer or a supplier. Details of the information and the purpose for us holding it, as well as the processes it serves, as well as the duration of that holding, is detailed in each of our specific interactions with you.
As a general declaration:
- We will use your personal information solely for the purpose as stipulated in our engagement with you.
- We will cease to process your personal information at your request as long as it does not contradict any contractual or legislative obligation to which we are obliged.
- We will notify you of any personal information we collect in terms of what that the information is and from whom it was derived.
- We will only retain your personal information whilst the purpose applies.
- We will update your personal information upon your request or through verification activity on our part.
- We will secure the integrity and confidentiality of your personal information and notify you as well as the Regulator should there be any breach in this respect.
- We will, within the bounds of any contracts or legislative obligation, provide the services required for you to
- Confirm our holding of your personal information
- Provide access to your personal information record
- Correct our personal information details
- Delete or destroy your personal information from our holding
- Object to the use of your personal information
- We will not use your personal information in any direct marketing activity
- We will not pass your personal information onto third parties outside the country without undertaking the necessary checks to ensure parity with the Protection of Personal Information Act in terms of their legislative obligations, and not without your explicit consent in this regard.